Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Here!

Hi everyone,

I made it! The 21-hour flight wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Singapore Air lived up to its reputation with frequent meals that were very good airplane food goes and a really good entertainment system. I got a kick out of watching Marley and Me (filmed in my home stomping grounds, complete with a brief appearance by my former student, Megan, as John Grogan's secretary) while flying over Pakistan.

Jiu Jian met me at the airport (at 6:30 am) and we immediately picked up where we left off last July. We spent the morning finding the hotel and looking at the Arts House. What a great space! Then I was treated to a massage and facial, which I highly recommend after a long flight. Up from a nap for dinner and some rehearsing. Yes, you read that correctly. We are going to start with a brief rehearsal this evening. That should keep me awake and help my body adjust; that's the plan, anyway!

Singapore has lived up to its reputation as a clean and fashionable city. I hope to be able to figure out how to download some photos for you by tomorrow. For now, its time for some study before I meet Jiu Jian.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. glad you made it safely, and am excited for pictures! -anh

    ReplyDelete