Saturday, May 15, 2010

Going To The Other Side Of The Planet

And not staying for a while would be rather silly, don't you think?

That's why there will be more to this trip than just 2 Voices+10 Fingers. When my work ends on June 27, Richard, Nick and I will take off for a little over 2 weeks of personal travel throughout SE Asia. Our itinerary includes Borneo, Thailand (more on THAT later), Cambodia and Vietnam. Vietnam will be of particular interest for us, as Richard served there in the US Army during the Vietnam War/Conflict. He hasn't been back since.

I don't plan to blog during that part of the trip, at least not on a regular basis. As much as I enjoy keeping in touch with all of you, I think I might need some time unplugged from the world. Being on vacation in SE Asia should give me a good opportunity for that, don't you think?

I've planned many of our previous international trips, but early on in the planning for this one I realized there was no way I could coordinate a trip this complicated. We're all leaving the US at different times, we're visiting 5 different countries, etc. We were fortunate to find Roe at Escapes Unlimited (www.escapesltd.com), a travel agency that specializes in SE Asia. Roe has been fabulous at helping us plan this trip and actually get all of the flights, hotels and tours booked. Thanks Roe!

No comments:

Post a Comment